This video describes how 10 year-old Laura Stockman initiated a powerful December charity challenge through her blog post 25 Days to Make a Difference. During the last week of November, 2010, I shared her amazing, inspirational story through my blog and emailed Chris Harbeck, another Winnipeg educator, suggesting he might like to engage his students in donating money for a charity of their choice.
This video demonstrates the power of sharing through blogging and how a 10 year-old child could initiate a significant, educational December charity action. Laura’s initiative will have a lasting impact on both those who contributed and, more importantly, on those who received.
- Laura Stockman’s post – 25 Days to Make a Difference
- Brian Metcalfe’s post – How to Make A Difference in December”
- Chris Harbeck’s post – Would your students donate $0.25 per day?
- Chris Harbeck’s wiki – 25centsaday
- Karl Fisch’s post – A Quarter is More Than Just a Fraction
- Brian Metcalfe’s post – December Charity Challenges for Students
- Chris Harbeck’s post – Teaching Citizenship – Part 2 – Pay It Forward
- Chris Harbeck’s post – Teaching Citizenship – Part 3 – 25 cents a day
- Chris Harbeck’s Vimeo video – Why Digital Citizenship Matters
- Brian Metcalfe’s post – We Day: A December Charity Challenge